- What are the distances at the event?
The 5km and 8km are fun walks. The 15km and 20km are timed walks.
- How much is the entry fee?
- All distances are R110 (Online) (Plus Temporary License if applicable)
Under 18 = R60 (Plus Temporary License if applicable)
R60 for over 60’s
R10 Extra per entry per person for all faxed, scanned, emailed paper entries
Babies and toddlers under two are free.
When do online entries open?
- Entries open on 3rd August 2013
- When do online entries close?
- 16th September 2013
- Are you permitted to run
No running is allowed. Blatant running will lead to disqualification.
- Where does the Walk take place, start and finish?
Pretoria Rugby Club
75 Totius Street
- How do I know if you have received my entry?
You will be sent an email or sms to confirm your entry. Therefore, you need to double check that the information that you send is CORRECT.
- When is Race Number Collection?
- Friday: 20 September 2013 - 09:00 - 19:00
- Saturday: 21 September 2013 - 09:00 - 19:00
- Monday: 23 September 2013 - 09:00 - 19:00
Where is Race Number Collection?
- Pretoria Rugby Club
75 Totius Street
You will need to bring your Race Number that will be emailed or sms’ed to you for the collection.
- If I cannot collect on those days, what should I do?
You can ask a friend to pick up your race number at collection. Please provide them with the Entry Confirmation which was emailed to you and their proof of payment.
- Do I need a license to enter the race?
For the 5km and 8km, there is no license needed to enter. For the 15km and 20km, the walker’s 2013 provincial licence must be worn on the back of the vest and the issued race number on the front.
- What if I decide during the walk that I cannot continue?
There will be sweep vehicles patrolling the route.
How many water points are there on the route?
- To comply with Athletics North Gauteng, there will be a water point approximately every 3km on all routes. Water points will be stocked with Coca-cola/Powerade and water.
- Are there public toilets along the route?
Yes, there will be public toilets along the route.
- How can I book a hospitality tent or stand at the Venue?
Contact: Katherine on 011 579 2900 or
- Will there be entertainment after the race?
An exciting line-up of live entertainment will be provided by Discovery and Jacaranda FM
- Can I bring a picnic basket for after the Walk?
Yes, you can bring your own picnic basket to enjoy after you finish the walk.
No open fires will be permitted
- Are umbrella’s and gazebo’s allowed?
Unfortunately no umbrella’s or gazebo’s are permitted due to the limitation of space within the venue.
- Is there ample safe parking at the venue?
Yes, at the Pretoria rugby club, Harlequins.
- Does the Spring Walk have a shuttle service or Park and Ride facility?
A Park ‘n Ride service is available.
- Can I take my pet with me on these routes?
Dogs are permitted on 5km and 8 km routes.
- Where must my license number be pinned?
- You must wear your 2013 provincial licence on the back of the vest and issued race number on the front.
- Am I allowed to run the 15km/20km route?
Blatant running will lead to disqualification.
Walkers must keep contact with the ground and straight legs according to walking rules.
All traffic officers and officials instructions must be obeyed.
- How many warnings do I get?
Three warnings will lead to a disqualification.
- Are there any age restrictions for the route?
15km and 20km - 15 years and older.
- No restriction on 5km + 8km route, minors must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- What time does the prize giving take place?
Prize giving will take place at 11h30.
- Can I earn Vitality points for this event?
- Yes, please see event information for more or contact Discovery - www.discovery.co.za.
- Please note: Points may take up to 4 weeks to reflect.