UNDER 16 ENTRIES R110
OVER 60'S ENTRIES R110 - babies & toddlers under two are FREE
An additional R10 per entry per person for all faxed, scanned, emailed paper entries
Minimum age for 15km is 15 Years
More about the Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk
Race Pack Collection
Loftus Park Shopping Centre (Next Door to Loftus Stadium) 6 and 7 September 2018, 09h00- 19h00.
There will be parking available at Loftus. Parking information will be communicated to all participantsParking Map
Toilets will be available on route every 3kms.
We take hydration seriously, so there will be water points every 3km on all routes.
The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN. We have stationed race officials along the route to guide you in making your walk a pleasant one.Read More
Full medical facilities are available on the route and throughout the event should you need them.
Food will be on sale at the venue, but you can bring your own picnic basket to enjoy after the walk. There will be a beer garden for your enjoyment at the finish area. Please note that no open fires will be permitted and no alcohol will be allowed into the event.
Age & category tags
Remember if you are participating in the 15km walk, your numerical age and category tag must be visible for you to be eligible for prizes.
The system does allow for multiple entries. After you have completed a single entry, you may then complete another. Once you have completed your entries, you will be charged accordingly. For entries of 20 or more, please contact the race office for assistance 061 919 1003/ firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be able to view your race results shortly after the event.
Discovery Vitality members can earn up to 800 points for the 5km events, and up to 1100 points for the 10km and 15km event. For a full set of points-related terms and conditions, visit www.discovery.co.za and click on Discovery Vitality.
Lost & Found
If you have lost any personal items, please look out for our lost and found kiosk near the finish line.
Unfortunately, due to the rules of Loftus Versfeld, no pets are allowed.
Prize giving & Categories
If you have completed the 15km walk, please stick around for the prize giving at 11:45am near the finish line. Everybody who completes the Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk will be awarded a medal on the main stage.
Until the Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Put a spring in your step with a pink bottle of aQuelle natural spring water and help fight cancer at the Jacaranda FM Spring Walk. Let’s help take a step in the right direction with aQuelle’s ‘Pink for a Purpose’! aQuelle, 100% FOR PEOPLE.
Smith and Nephew is committed to improving patient’s quality of life. And they look forward to seeing you at the Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk in support of a more active healthy lifestyle. Don’t let hip and knee pain hold you back, find your pace and walk on…for more information on your joint replacements visit walkwithoutpain.co.za/
Vodacom is proud to power the Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk.
As you cross the finish line at the stadium, head over to the Vodacom Red Zone where you can register for the next big event being hosted at Loftus Versfeld. The Vodacom Red Family Day.
Bring your family along to join Vodacom Red and the Vodacom Bulls at Loftus for a memorable fun day on 29 September. You’ll get the opportunity to meet the players and their families, Jacaranda FM’s Elana Afrika and several top local celebrities.
Alternatively you can register your entry to join us by visiting. www.vodacom.co.za/redrewards/
RACE PACK COLLECTION
Race pack collection info
Team or group entries (7 or more) can only be made via the events office or by clicking here. For enquiries phone 061 919 1003 or email email@example.com
- Teams should consist of 7 members or more.
- Payment should be for a full team, not individually done.
- Team members using paper based entry forms must fill in an entry form per team member.
- Teams entry forms must be submitted together, with full payment, all individual forms PLUS a completed Team Consolidation list.
- A common team name must be used. Please ensure that it is spelt the same on all entry forms to ensure that team members are collated together for registration purposes.
- Remember that non-licensed participants are required to pay the licence fee and this should acmcompany the entry fee (compulsory for 15km only).
- Teams entering using paper based entries are required to pay an additional R10 per person per entry. No entries will be accepted without the full, correct payment accompanying the entry forms and team consolidation list.
- Teams of schools, friends, social clubs, businesses etc. are all encouraged to enter.
5km & 10km information
The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers or the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same maybe arising out of their participation in the race.
- There will be no prize money for the 5km and 10km walks.
- No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device is allowed in the walk.
- No animals allowed on the walk.
- No iPods or listening devices.
- All traffic officers and officials instructions to be obeyed.
- Water stations will be positioned every 3kms.
- The 5km events are wheelchair and pram/stroller friendly.
- Registered athletes must wear the current year’s (2018) licence number on the back and front, if issued with a race number this must be worn on the front of the vest.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear temporary license on the back of the vest.
- All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric category tags clearly visible on the front and back. Proof of age for prize winners will be required to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER/W tags on the front and back of their vest.
- No seconding is allowed.
- No wheelchairs. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device is allowed in the race.
- No animals allowed.
- No iPods or listening devices.
- Minimum age: 15 years for 15km.
- Only South African athletes qualify for team prizes.
- Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible on the back and front of the vest.
- They are not eligible for AGN championship medals.
- All traffic officers and officials’ instructions must be obeyed.
- Athletes must comply with domicilium rule when competing for the team prize.
- Minimum age: 15 years for 15km.
A comprehensive prize money breakdown is available at www.springwalk.co.za. Click on the link for further information or contact the walk office.
|Category||1st place||2nd place||3rd place|
|Juniors (15-19 yrs)||R200||R100||R50|
|Open (20-39 yrs)||R350||R200||R50|
|Veterans (40-49 yrs)||R250||R150||R50|
|Masters (50+ yrs)||R250||R150||R50|
What are the distances at the event?
5km Walk, 5km Run, 10km Walk, 10km Run, 15km Walk
What are the starting times for the various distances?
10km Run 8h30
10km Walk 8h35
5km Run 9h00
5km Walk 09h05
Kiddies Mile 11h00
How much is the entry fee?
All distances are R160 (Online) (Plus Temporary License if applicable)
Under 16 = R110 (Plus Temporary License if applicable)
R110 for over 60’s
R30 for kiddies mile
R10 Extra per entry per person for all faxed, scanned, emailed paper entries.
Where does the Walk take place, start and finish?
How do I know if you have received my entry?
You will be sent an email or sms to confirm your entry. Therefore, you need to double check that the information that you send is CORRECT.
Where is Race Number Collection?
Race number collection will take place 6 and 7 September 09h00 - 19h00 Loftus Park Shopping Centre (Next Door to Loftus Stadium)
If I cannot collect on those days, what should I do?
You can ask a friend to pick up your race number at collection. Please provide them with the Entry Confirmation which was emailed to you and their proof of payment. Please also provide them with a filled in Entry Collection note. This can be downloaded here or filled in at the race office.
Do I need a license to enter the race?
A 2018 license will be required for the 10km and 15km events.
What if I decide during the walk that I cannot continue?
There will be sweep vehicles patrolling the route.
How many water points are there on the route?
To comply with Athletics North Gauteng, there will be a water point approximately every 3km on all routes. Water points will be stocked with water.
Are there public toilets along the route?
Yes, there will be public toilets along the route.
Will there be entertainment after the race?
An exciting line-up of entertainment will be provided including Jo Black and Prime Circle.
Can I bring a picnic basket for after the Walk?
Yes, you can bring your own picnic basket to enjoy after you finish the walk. No open fires will be permitted
Are umbrella’s and gazebo’s allowed?
Unfortunately no umbrellas or gazebo’s are permitted due to the limitation of space within the venue.
Is there parking available at the venue?
There will be parking available at Loftus Versfeld. Parking information will be communicated to all participants.
Can I take my pet with me on these routes?
Unfortunately no dogs are allowed at the event or on the routes.
Are strollers / prams allowed on the route?
Yes, on the 5km events.
Where must my license number be pinned?
You must wear your 2018 provincial licence on the back of the vest and issued race number on the front.
Are Wheelchairs Permitted?
The 5km events are wheelchair friendly.
Can I earn Vitality points for this event?
Discovery Vitality members can earn up to 800 points for the 5km events, and up to 1100 points for the 10km and 15km event. Because the Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk is a Discovery sponsored event, the points for these races are higher than normal Vitality race events of the same distances. For a full set of points-related terms and conditions, visit www.discovery.co.za and click on Discovery Vitality.
Terms & Conditions
Organisers reserve the right to cancel the event WITHOUT refund, in the event of extreme weather or other circumstances that the organisers deem not safe for participants. For enquiries please contact the race office at 061 919 1003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.