| Wednesday |
31st August 2016
Race pack collection
at the pretoria
National Botanical Gardens
2 cussonia avenue, pretoria, 0186
15km Starts at 08:00 AM
8km Starts at 09:00 AM
5km Starts at 09:30 AM
Please note there’s limited parking available at the venue. We will release further information on Parking and Park & Rides closer to the event.
Start & Finish
Your race will start on Cussonia Avenue. The Finish line is inside the Pretoria National Botanical Gardens.
Toilets will be provided at start, on route and finish.
We take hydration seriously, so there will be water points every 3km on all routes.
Look out for our race officials who will be stationed along the route to guide you in making your walk a pleasant one.
Everybody who completes the Discovery Jacaranda FM Springwalk will be awarded a medal at the finish line.
Age & category tags
Remember if you participating in the 15km walk, your numerical age and category tag must be visible for you to be eligible for prizes.
Check out your race results at www.raceresults.co.za 4 Days after the event this is only for the 15km.
If you have completed the 15km walk please stick around for the prize giving at 11am near the finish line.
Lost & Found
If you have lost any personal items please look out for our lost and found kiosk near the finish line.
Unfortunately due to the rules of the Pretoria National Botanical Gardens, no pets are allowed.
Food will be on sale at the venue but you can bring your own Picnic basket to enjoy after the walk. There will be a beer garden for your enjoyment at the finish area. Please note that No open fires will be permitted and no alcohol will be allowed into the event.
Join us after the walk for some great live entertainment and watch SA vs Aus on the big screen
Team or group entries (7 or more) can only be made via the events office or by clicking here. For enquiries phone 086 722 7006 or email email@example.com
- Teams should consist of 7 members or more.
- Payment should be for a full team, not individually done.
- Team members using paper based entry forms must fill in an entry form per team member.
- Teams entry forms must be submitted together, with full payment, all individual forms PLUS a completed Team Consolidation list.
- A common team name must be used. Please ensure that it is spelt the same on all entry forms to ensure that team members are collated together for registration purposes.
- Remember that non-licensed participants are required to pay the licence fee and this should acmcompany the entry fee (compulsory for 15km only).
- Teams entering using paper based entries are required to pay an additional R10 per person per entry. No entries will be accepted without the full, correct payment accompanying the entry forms and team consolidation list.
- Teams of schools, friends, social clubs, businesses etc. are all encouraged to enter.
5km & 8km information
The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers or the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same maybe arising out of their participation in the race.
- There will be no prize money for the 5 km and 8 km walks.
- No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device is allowed in the walk.
- No animals allowed on the walk.
- No iPods or listening devices.
- All traffic officers and officials instructions to be obeyed.
- Water stations will be positioned every 3kms.
Team or group entries (10 or more) can only be made via the events office or by clicking here. For enquiries phone 086 722 7006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered athletes must wear the current year’s (2015) licence number back and front, if issued with a race number this must be worn on the front of the vest.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear temporary license on the back of the vest.
- All licensed athletes competing for category prizes must wear numeric category tags clearly visible front and back. Proof of age for prize winners will be required to be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear WALKER/W tags on the front and back of their vest.
- No seconding is allowed.
- No wheelchairs. No blade, cyclist or mechanically operated device is allowed in the race.
- No animals allowed.
- No iPods or listening devices.
- Minimum age: 15 years for 15km.
- Only South African athletes qualify for team prizes.
- Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible on the back and front of the vest.
- They are not eligible for AGN championship medals.
- All traffic officers and officials’ instructions must be obeyed.
- Athletes must comply with domicilium rule when competing for the team prize.
- Minimum age: 15 years for 15km.
A comprehensive prize money breakdown is available at www.springwalk.co.zaclick on the link for further information or contact the walk office.
|Category||1st place||2nd place||3rd place|
|Juniors (15-19 yrs)||R200||R100||R50|
|Open (20-39 yrs)||R350||R200||R50|
|Veterans (40-49 yrs)||R250||R150||R50|
|Masters (50+ yrs)||R250||R150||R50|
You can now have it all, without paying for it all. Get into a Planet Fitness today and receive 1 week free access or join from only R199 per month! Our clubs set a new standard when it comes to the ultimate training experience. We offer the best equipment, best facilities, tartan indoor running tracks, heated swimming pools, and the latest functional training craze, Cross Training.
Plus a whole lot more. Isn’t it great to know you can still get the very best of everything - all for the very lowest gym fees? Upgrade your gym experience, downgrade your monthly fees. Planet Fitness, so much more, for so much less. 1 week free training is also available at JustGym. T&C’s apply.
aQuellé natural spring water – the spring in your step!
Put a spring in your step with a pink bottle of aQuellé Natural Spring Water and help fight cancer at the Discovery Jacaranda Spring Walk. Let’s help take a step in the right direction with aQuelle’s ‘Change in a Bottle’!
aQuelle, Discovery Jacaranda FM Spring Walk’s most refreshing sponsor!
aQuellé – 100% FOR PEOPLE.
‘Globeflight Worldwide Express’ was established in 1998 with a view to offer a superior class of service in the Courier and Freighting Industry, with a vision of being an integral part of South African business growth. As testament to this vision, now realised, Globeflight is recognised as a market leader in their respective field, offering a ‘turn-key’ solution and a total distribution package of the highest quality.
step into spring
Join in on the conversation #SpringWalk
TEL: 086 722 7006 FAX: 086 642 email@example.com
Discovery Spring Walk | jacaranda FM Copyright © 2016